Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's Official!!!

I have TOTALLY ruined my daughter's life and she's ONLY 12!!! I am SO patting myself on the back for this one!

Tuesday when I picked her up from school she didn't look very happy. I asked her what was wrong and she told me she has detention. There was a substitute teacher in one of her classes on Monday and the sub said as long as the class was quiet, they could pass notes. BEFORE the bell rang the kids were all talking loud and apparently Girl Child had her name put on the 'bad kid' list.

My daughter isn't really a bad kid {quit laughing, Queen! She's a good kid...usually}, she just likes to talk to her friends. She asked me if I could let her skip detention. I told her I wanted to talk to her teacher to find out the OTHER side of the story. Apparently that is NOT what the cool parents do - they just let their kid skip detention.

The teacher and I exchanged voice mails and e-mails and Girl Child has detention...on Monday. She totally hates me and hasn't talked to me in two days! I have NEVER had so much peace! Now, if she'd stop talking to her brothers, we'd have blessed silence in the house...PLEASE STOP TALKING TO YOUR BROTHERS, GIRL CHILD!!!!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

YAY!! I'm just waiting on mine!! Oldest starts middle school next year . . .SOOO looking forward to that one! NOT!!

Good job Crys!

Roshni said...

Use the 'divide and rule' policy! Start a rumor about something mean your daughter said about her brothers...that'll do it! How do I know? Ah well!!

Vodka Mom said...

I'll be right over with your mother of the year trophy. I can't remember where I put it!!

Lisa Al Fath said...

it's been always fun to read your posts :)

country mouse said...

I love how that incident coincided almost perfect with Mother's Day--because who doesn't want a nice, quiet Mother's Day? : )

♥ Braja said...

Congratulations, Holy Mother :)

Queen Goob said...

Your job is done.

Belle said...

I never get involved with 'teacher punishment'. They make me look like such a great mother.