Friday, April 17, 2009

New York City - 2006

I grew up in two very small towns. Valley Center, CA and Macon, GA. When we lived in California I HATED going to LA, it was too big, there are too many people, too much...When we lived in Georgia I HATED driving upto or in Atlanta. The traffic is AWFUL! So when I grow up and my husband and I decide to go somewhere special for our 10th wedding anniversary because we didn't really have a honeymoon where do I decide we need to go? Why one of the BIGGEST cities in the WORLD!

The buildings, the noise, the people, (except for the police - I met a couple that were DOUCHEBAGS!), were SO nice! They snickered at me because even though I can't hear it, apparently I have a BIG southern accent...hmmm

We got there on a Sunday and as our plane was taxing into JFK I cried...my dream of coming to NYC was a reality, only difference? I was YEARS older and very cynical. We had a room in the 'Lullaby of Broadway', The Milford Plaza.


Monday our 'tour guide' Sammy took us to the Brooklyn Bridge and the World Trade Center Towers, I have to say I've never been so moved.


Tuesday we goofed around the city and got lost in Central Park (don't ask me how because we STILL don't know!), but we enjoyed ourselves. We even found our way out right at the bottom of the steps to the Museum of Natural History


But Wednesday was our anniversary and we had tickets to The Phantom of the Opera, but FIRST we did the 3 hour tour around Manhattan


Of course since it WAS our 10th anniversary and we were in NYC seeing The Phantom, I had to buy a dress because I wanted this to be memorable for the both of us...


Thursday we goofed around some more, but not as much because we were starting to get sick. The weather was 10 degrees colder than normal.
Friday we walked around Wall Street again and....Get ready, Belle...Here's the pic you've ALL been waiting for...

Don't I look SO thrilled? Needless to say, we fell in LOVE with NYC! When our spawn FINALLY move out Hubby and I are pulling up roots and moving to the Big Apple - I can't WAIT!!! I have a feeling that when we take the Spawn up there in 2011 they'll fall in love with it too.
Marinka, when you see me running down 5th Ave with my hair on fire you'll know I brought the Spawn with me.
Ok, so I guess I don't have the Philly pics. I grabbed the wrong memory card...

9 comments:

country mouse said...

Of all the things to do and see in NYC, my first choice would be Central Park.

So, I'm pretty much just jealous now. You bitch ; )

*Fabulous* dress! And what a great anniversary!

Roshni said...

your dress is ooo la la!
But, you should have held an umbrella when you posed near the bull's backside!

Marinka said...

I love that picture!! Glad you had a fantastic time. I can't believe that we didn't run into each other!

LTYM said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! Thanks for sharing--what a great time.

Belle said...

I love the picture. Isn't that crack extremely shiny? I wonder you cleans it?

Pearl said...

Oh, I've always wanted to go to New York!
Pearl
p.s. That dress is a GREAT color on you!

Susan said...

So glad you had fun! Where in the hell is that corpuscle statue?

BTW, I've been lost in Central Park, too. I think it's pretty easy to get lost there!

Gawjus dress!

♥ Braja said...

Boy are you lucky you didn't bump into Marinka...

BJ Colangelo said...

Oh my god, Macon, Georgia...That's my stop on my way to Florida. I never knew people actually LIVED there...